Welcome to NAMI - Solano County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit, volunteer, grassroots organization. Our purpose is to:
- Support families of individuals with mental illnesses.
- Educate families and the public about mental illness.
- Advocate for improved treatment and treatment facilities.
- Fight stigma and discrimination.
- Support legislation that helps those with neurobiological brain disorders.
- Improve private and public sector policies.
- Provide more housing with support services.
- Increase outreach to people with mental illnesses and their families.
Our affiliate, NAMI - Solano County, began when a group of families met to find ways to improve the lives of their loved ones with mental illness. Since that time our membership and influence have continued to grow.
NAMI Solano Annual Gift Bag Service Project
Join us this coming Saturday, Dec. 6th at NAMI Solano County's annual Gift Bag Service project! The event will take place from 9:00 - 12:00 at the Fairfield Church of God, 9:30 Empire St, Fairfield, CA. There will be food, holiday music and fun working together, plus these gifts will go to people living with mental illness throughout Solano County. A worthy cause!
Click here for full size flyer.
NAMI Solano Newsletter
Download the 3rd Quarter, 2014 Newsletter today! It is filled with information on what is new and happening in Solano County's Mental Health and NAMI.
NAMI - Solano County Officers & Committee
- Dorothy Laney, President
- Jeannette Goyetche, Vice President
- Myra Binstock, Treasurer/Membership Chair
- Helen Michetti, Family to Family Cooordinator
- Yolanda Garcia-Martinez, Member-at-Large/Fundraising Chair
- Roxanne Melvin, Member-at-Large, Christmas Gift Bags
- Rhenae Keyes, Member-at-Large, Advocacy
- Dorothy Laney, Newsletter