Welcome to NAMI - Solano County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit, volunteer, grassroots organization. NAMI Solano County three-fold mission:
1. To educate families and other
interested parties about mental illnesses through
lectures, discussion groups, literature, and videos about
each of the mental illnesses:
2. To support families and their mentally ill loved ones through one-on-one help, referrals, financial aid, scholarships and the like:
3. To advocate for the rights of the mentally ill and their families on the local, state and national levels. Our members participate in several committees and boards to be sure that the needs of each person are heard and protected.
Our affiliate, NAMI - Solano County, began when a group of families met to find ways to improve the lives of their loved ones with mental illness. Since that time our membership and influence have continued to grow.
For family members, friends and advocates of people living with mental illness
This is an ongoing, drop-in group focusing on skill building and support through sharing experiences, resources and comfort.
Meets 2nd Monday of the month
from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Children’s Nurturing Project
490 Chadbourne Road, 2nd Floor
Fairfield CA 94533
For more information contact NamiSolanoCounty@sbcglobal.net or call 707 422-7792. Link to Flyer
Upcoming General Meetings
No general meeting in December. Happy Holidays!
January 27th – Attorney Frank Acuna (back by popular demand) will be the speaker discussing Special Needs Trusts
February 24th – Alicia Kauk from Legal Services of No. California will speak about Health Rights and the Affordable Care Act
NAMI - Solano County
Officers & Committee Members
- Jeannette Goyetche, Secretary
- Myra Binstock, Treasurer/Membership Chair
- Helen Michetti, Family to Family Facilitator
- Yolanda Garcia-Martinez, Fundraising Chair,NAMI Walks Chair
- Lorraine Yount, Member-at-Large, Christmas Gift Bags
- Dorothy Laney, Member-at-Large, Newsletter
- Janet Flores,Family Support Group Facilitator
- Marci Stapley,Member-at-Large,Warm Line