When you or a loved one has a mental illness, it can be difficult to know where to start when looking for help. NAMI – Solano County has developed this list of local, regional, state and national support services to help you.
State’s Council on Developmental Disabilities – Area IV Board
236 Georgia Street, #201
Vallejo, CA 94590
The Area IV Board is a state agency that is mandated to protect the legal, civil & service rights of people who have developmental disabilities (and co-occurring disorders) and their families or loved ones. Area IV Board provides information and referral, advocacy information, consultation and limited representation. Informational mailings go out six times per year. All services are provided free of charge. Area IV Board serves Napa, Solano and Sonoma Counties.
Center for Independent Living – Client Assistance Program
2539 Telegraph Ave
Berkley, CA 94704
Client Assistance Program
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) provides agency services to people who are clients of the Department of Rehabilitation, former clients, or people who are applying to become clients. CAP services are provided free of charge. A CAP advocate may provide:
- Information about services available under the Rehabilitation Act.
- Information about consumers’ rights and responsibilities.
- Investigations of consumers’ concerns or complaints.
- Assistance to negotiating mutually acceptable solutions to disagreements.
- Representation at Rehabilitation Act funded agencies’ administration reviews and fair hearings.
- Post appeal/ hearing reviews upon request including assistance in obtaining legal opinions and counsel in some cases.