Welcome to NAMI - Solano County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit, volunteer, grassroots organization. Our purpose is to:
- Support families of individuals with mental illnesses.
- Educate families and the public about mental illness.
- Advocate for improved treatment and treatment facilities.
- Fight stigma and discrimination.
- Support legislation that helps those with neurobiological brain disorders.
- Improve private and public sector policies.
- Provide more housing with support services.
- Increase outreach to people with mental illnesses and their families.
Our affiliate, NAMI - Solano County, began when a group of families met to find ways to improve the lives of their loved ones with mental illness. Since that time our membership and influence have continued to grow.
A Very Big Thank You To
First Northern Bank.
We at NAMI Solano County would like to thank First Northern Bank for their generous donation to our organization. With their support, we can ensure that those with mental illnesses and their families along with their loved ones will continue to have a voice in Solano County.
NAMI Solano County Announces Our New
FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP
For family members, friends and advocates of people living with mental illness
This is an ongoing, drop-in group focusing on skill building and support through sharing experiences, resources and comfort.
Meets 2nd Monday of the month beginning
May 13, 2013 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Children’s Nurturing Project
490 Chadbourne Road, 2nd Floor
Fairfield CA 94533
For more information contact NamiSolanoCounty@sbcglobal.net or call 707 422-7792. You can download the flyer in Word or PDF format
NAMI Solano Newsletter
Download the 1st Quarter, 2013 today. It is filled with information on what is new and happening in Solano County's Mental Health and NAMI.
NAMI - Solano County
Officers & Committee Members
- Jeannette Goyetche, Secretary
- Myra Binstock, Treasurer/Membership Chair
- Helen Michetti, Family to Family Facilitator
- Yolanda Garcia-Martinez, Member-at-Large
- Lorraine Yount, Member-at-Large, Christmas Gift Bags
- Dorothy Laney, Member-at-Large, Newsletter