Welcome to NAMI - Solano County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit, volunteer, grassroots organization. Our purpose is to:
- Support families of individuals with mental illnesses.
- Educate families and the public about mental illness.
- Advocate for improved treatment and treatment facilities.
- Fight stigma and discrimination.
- Support legislation that helps those with neurobiological brain disorders.
- Improve private and public sector policies.
- Provide more housing with support services.
- Increase outreach to people with mental illnesses and their families.
Our affiliate, NAMI - Solano County, began when a group of families met to find ways to improve the lives of their loved ones with mental illness. Since that time our membership and influence have continued to grow.
Upcoming NAMI General Meeting
Our Guest Speaker will be KAY KELSO, Coordinator for the ACCESS LINE at Solano County Mental Health
NAMI Solano Newsletter
Download the 3rd Quarter, 2014 Newsletter today! It is filled with information on what is new and happening in Solano County's Mental Health and NAMI.
NAMI - Solano County Officers & Committee
- Dorothy Laney, President
- Jeannette Goyetche, Vice President
- Myra Binstock, Treasurer/Membership Chair
- Helen Michetti, Family to Family Cooordinator
- Yolanda Garcia-Martinez, Member-at-Large/Fundraising Chair
- Roxanne Melvin, Member-at-Large, Christmas Gift Bags
- Rhenae Keyes, Member-at-Large, Advocacy
- Dorothy Laney, Newsletter