Welcome to NAMI - Solano County
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit, volunteer, grassroots organization. Our purpose is to:
- Support families of individuals with mental illnesses.
- Educate families and the public about mental illness.
- Advocate for improved treatment and treatment facilities.
- Fight stigma and discrimination.
- Support legislation that helps those with neurobiological brain disorders.
- Improve private and public sector policies.
- Provide more housing with support services.
- Increase outreach to people with mental illnesses and their families.
Our affiliate, NAMI - Solano County, began when a group of families met to find ways to improve the lives of their loved ones with mental illness. Since that time our membership and influence have continued to grow.
NAMI Solano County Announces Our New
FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP
For family members, friends and advocates of people living with mental illness
This is an ongoing, drop-in group focusing on skill building and support through sharing experiences, resources and comfort.
Meets 2nd Monday of the month beginning
from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Children’s Nurturing Project
490 Chadbourne Road, 2nd Floor
Fairfield CA 94533
For more information contact NamiSolanoCounty@sbcglobal.net or call 707 422-7792. Link to Flyer
Holiday Gift Bags
Our annual Holiday Gift Bag assembly party is Saturday,
December 7, 2013. NAMI volunteers will get together and
assemble approximately 300 gift bags. These gifts are
for people living with mental illness, some who attend
local health and wellness centers, who might not
otherwise receive any gifts for the holidays.
If you would like to join us for this wonderful project,
NAMI - Solano County
Officers & Committee Members
- Jeannette Goyetche, Secretary
- Myra Binstock, Treasurer/Membership Chair
- Helen Michetti, Family to Family Facilitator
- Yolanda Garcia-Martinez, Member-at-Large
- Lorraine Yount, Member-at-Large, Christmas Gift Bags
- Dorothy Laney, Member-at-Large, Newsletter